Model 4 Filter Housings
Strainers or Bag Filters: Your Choice!
Model 4 strainer/filter housings are made in 2 sizes and 4 pressure ratings. In all cases, covers are easily removed without special tools, and the basket or bag is easily cleaned or replaced.
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently piped housings
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Carbon steel, or stainless steel (304 or 316) construction for housings
- All housings are electropolished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale
- Easy to clean!
- Adjustable-height legs, optional
- O-ring seals: Buna N, EPR, Viton®, Teflon® • ASME code stamp available
on select models
- Liquid displacers for easier servicing
- Four pressure ratings: 200 psi (with clamp cover) and 150, 300, or 500 psi
(with eyenut cover)
- Duplex units are available
- Pipe sizes 3/4 thru 2-inch, NPT or flanged (standard 150 class flange) - Two basket depths: 6, or 12 inches (nominal)
- Bag filter hold-down devices - Sanitary construction
- Different outlet connections - Higher pressure ratings
- Extra-length legs - Heat jacketing
- Epoxy coating
Choosing A Basket Strainer Or Bag Filter
Choose between straining (removing particles down to 74 micron size) or filtering a fluid (removing particles down to 1 micron). This will direct you to choose the correct basket when ordering.
Unfiltered liquid enters the housing above the bag or basket and passes down through them. Solids are contained inside the bag or basket, where they’re easily and completely removed when the unit is serviced.
Fluid bypass around the basket is prevented because the outside diameter of the filter bag seals radially against the housing inside diameter. A single cover gasket is used to seal the opening, and covers can be installed and removed without tools.