Model 6 Filter Housings
Strainers or Bag Filters: Your Choice!
Model 6 strainer/filter housings are made in 3 sizes and 3 pressure ratings, and can serve as basket strainers (for particle retention down to 74 micron size) or as bag filters (for particle retention down to 1 micron size).
In all cases, covers are easily removed without special tools, and the basket or bag is easily cleaned or replaced.
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently piped housings
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Carbon steel, or stainless steel (304 or 316) construction for housings
- All housings are electropolished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale
- Easy to clean!
- Adjustable-height legs, standard
- O-ring seals: Buna N, EPR, Viton®, Teflon® • ASME code stamp available
- Three pressure ratings: 150, 210 or 300 psi
- Duplex units are available
- Can provide 3.4 square feet of basket or bag surface area without need for ASME code construction
- Three basket depths: 12, 18, or 30 inches (nominal)
- Special alloys
- Sanitary construction
- Different outlet connections
- Higher pressure ratings
- Extra-length legs
- Heat jacketing
- Liquid displacers for easier servicing
Choosing a Basket Strainer or Bag Filter
Choose between straining (removing particles down to 74 micron size) or filtering a fluid (removing particles down to 1 micron). This will direct you to the correct basket when ordering.
Unfiltered liquid enters the housing above the bag or basket and passes down through them. Solids are contained inside the bag or basket, where they are easily and completely removed when the unit is serviced.
Fluid bypass around the basket is prevented because the outside diameter of the bag filter seals against the housing inside diameter.