Model 8 Filter Housings
Strainers or bag filters: Your choice!
Model 8 strainer/filter housings are made in 2 sizes and 2 pressure ratings, and can serve as basket strainers (for particle retention down to 74 micron size) or as bag filters (for particle retention down to 1 micron size).
In all cases, covers are easily removed, without tools, and the basket or bag is easily cleaned or replaced.
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently piped housings
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Carbon steel, or stainless steel (304 or 316) construction for housings
- All housings are electropolished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale
- Easy to clean!
- Adjustable-height legs, standard
- Large-area, heavy-duty baskets
- O-ring seals: Buna N, EPR, Viton®, Teflon® • ASME code stamp available
- Two pressure ratings: 150 and 300
- Duplex units are available
- Pipe sizes 3/4 thru 6-inch, NPT or flanged
- Two basket depths: 15 or 30 inches (nominal)
- Sanitary construction
- Different outlet connections
- Higher pressure ratings
- Extra-length legs
- Heat jacketing
- Adapters for holding filter cartridges.
- Liquid displacers for easier servicing
- Can be fitted with an adapter to hold cartridge filter elements
Dual Stage Straining/Filter
All Rosedale Model 8 housings can be supplied with a second, inner basket, which is supported on the top flange of the regular basket. Both baskets can be strainers (with or without wire mesh linings) or both can be baskets for filter bags. They can also be mixed: one a strainer basket, the other a filter bag basket. Dual-stage action will increase strainer or filter life and reduce servicing needs.
Choosing a Basket Strainer or Bag Filter
Choose between straining (removing particles down to 74 micron size) or filtering a fluid (removing particles down to 1 micron). This will direct you to the correct basket when ordering.
Unfiltered liquid enters the housing above the bag or basket and passes down through them. Solids are contained inside the bag or basket, where they are easily removed when the unit is serviced.
A basket bail is pushed down by the closed cover to hold the basket against a positive stop in the housing. A radial seal prevents bypass of unfiltered liquid.