Convertible Filter Housing
You can switch from one to the other instantly
The emergence of new, more effective filter bag materials has challenged the popular filter cartridge.
Filter bags are now an attractive, economical alternative to cartridges in many applications. Bags cost less, are easier to install and remove, and require less room in storage and disposal.
The convertible filter housings from Rosedale offer you the ability to use filter bags in place of cartridges without burning your bridges behind you. You can always change back to cartridges, for whatever reason.
- Permanently piped housings–no repiping necessary for change-over
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Designed for standard double open-end type cartridges. Can also be supplied - adapted to other cartridge-end configurations
- Carbon steel, 304 or 316 stainless steel construction for housing
- All housings are electropolished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale
- ASME code stamp is available
- Adjustable-height legs are included
- V-post spring seal for both options are in 316 stainless steel
- Filter bag hold-down devices
- Sanitary construction
- Different outlet connection
- Higher pressure ratings
- Extra-length legs
- Heat jacketing
- Duplex units
Rosedale’s convertible filter housings are offered in two diameters to hold 3 and 5 cartridges, respectively. The 3-cartridge housings are nominally rated at 70 gpm*. The 5-cartridge Series housings are nominally rated at 100 gpm*. These ratings are governed by the restrictive openings in the cartridge support plate. They do not take into account the pressure drops imposed by the bags or cartridges used.
Pictured is a Model 6330. It can hold three 30-in. long cartridges (shown inserted) or a filter bag and support basket (at left). The two 3/4-in. ports at the bottom of the housing are 1) a dirty liquid drain (upper port), and 2) a clean liquid drain (lower port). The dirty liquid drain need not be used when filter bags are employed; if bags are properly removed, no dirt washes off downstream. (The use of a liquid displacer makes this easier to do.)